My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, October 08, 2004

Sacred Space -


The Presence of God

To be present is to arrive as one is and open up to the other.
At this instant, as I arrive here, God is present waiting for me.
God always arrives before me, desiring to connect with me
even more than my most intimate friend.
I take a moment and greet my loving God.

Consciousness

I exist in a web of relationships - links to nature, people, God.
I trace out these links, giving thanks for the life that flows through them.
Some links are twisted or broken: I may feel regret, anger, disappointment.
I pray for the gift of acceptance and forgiveness.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Psalm 110 (111):1-6

Praise the LORD!
I will give thanks to the LORD with my whole heart,
in the company of the upright, in the congregation.
Great are the works of the LORD, studied by all who delight in them.
Full of honor and majesty is his work, and his righteousness endures forever.
He has gained renown by his wonderful deeds; the LORD is gracious and merciful.
He provides food for those who fear him; he is ever mindful of his covenant.
He has shown his people the power of his works,
in giving them the heritage of the nations.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some thoughts on today's scripture:

Who is this remarkable God who has evoked such wonder and love in the people throughout the ages?
Majestic and glorious.
Tender and compassionate.
Great are the works of the Lord, studied by all who delight in them. When I was a child I could be lost in wonder at a leaf, a worm, the smell of earth. Then I could truly delight in the study of God's work. My eyes, my nose, my senses are blunter now; but Lord, let me not lose the capacity to marvel in gratitude at the world you gave us.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home